1. After the topical anesthetic wears off, you may feel some tenderness on or around the tattooed area. You may also experience some redness or slight puffiness the day of the procedure. This typically fades within 24-48 hours of the procedure. Do not take aspirin as this promotes bleeding. Tylenol may be taken for temporary pain relief. Alcohol should also be avoided for 1-2 days.
2. Do not do any heavy exercise or anything that promotes excessive perspiration for a minimum of 3 days, (ideally 7-10 days, or until the brows have finished peeling) to avoid pigment loss.
3. Your procedure will begin to oxidize (turn darker) for the next 3 to 4 days. Do not panic, as it may become up to 40% darker. By around the 4th day, it will begin to flake off and the color will return to what was implanted during the first five minutes of the procedure.
4. Fading or loss of pigment may occur. This is normal on some skin types (typically oily skin has less color retention) while it may not occur on other skin types. A touch-up may be required if pigment does not take in certain areas.
5. Please wait at least 30 days until your touchup. Changes such as fading, darkening, or enrichment of color may occur during this time period.
6. Use sun block to avoid fading, once your tattoo has fully healed.
7. Avoid using any products with alpha hydroxyl acids, topical vitamin C, brow tints or any heavy exfoliators, such as microdermabrasion. Any of these products, if used directly on your procedure, will strip, bleach, or wear away the color.
8. Do not get your brows wet for 7-10 days, or until they are done peeling. Avoid any water exposure (such as swimming, or getting your face wet in the shower) during this time.
9. Aquaphor ointment will be applied at the end of your procedure. This can be left on for several days or until it is absorbed, and does not need to be rinsed off.
10. Do not apply makeup to the tattooed area for 10-14 days following the procedure. Your regular skincare and makeup routine can be resumed immediately, but avoid any products on the brow area until healing is complete.
11. Do not pick or scratch at your tattoo as it heals. Itchiness after the first couple of days is normal. Let your skin naturally exfoliate and flake off.
12. After the brows are no longer peeling (about 7-10 days after the procedure) feel free to use a gentle/unscented moisturizer if the area is dry. This can expedite the enrichment period.
13. Don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions – 717-917-4711.
It is extremely important that you follow the aftercare instructions.